The San Bernardino National Forest has made the decision to open the following developed recreation sites beginning June 19, 2020, unless otherwise noted:
· Fern Basin Campground
· Lake Fulmor (opened June 13)
· Lake Hemet (opened June 13)
· Keller Peak Yellow Post Sites
· Marion Mountain Campground
· Pinyon Flat Campground
· Thurman Flats Picnic Area (opened June 10)
These openings are in addition to the sites that reopened on May 22, 2020.
Whenever possible, please recreate locally. Visitors should practice self-sufficiency when visiting national forests and come prepared with all the essentials needed for a day trip, including food, emergency supplies, and the ability to pack-out trash. Remember to recreate responsibly by keeping the following in mind:
· Maintaining at least six feet distancing from others
· Do not gather in groups and please follow the latest guidance from officials
· Communicate with others as you pass. Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass
· Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use.
· Some services may not be available, so please plan accordingly.