The Yucaipa Woman’s Club (YWC) will host a photography contest on Sat. Feb. 15. This event is open to all area residents.
Photo contest rules:
• Photos may be vertical/portrait or horizontal/landscape.
• Contestant must be an amateur photographer and the photo must be the work of the person submitting the photo.
• Photos must have been taken within the 12 months preceding the contest.
• Each submission must be no smaller than 4x6 and no larger than an 8x10 print.
• No special effects.
• All photos must be mounted on rigid cardboard.
• Photos may be matted, but not framed.
• No frames or hangers.
• Each photo must have a label affixed to the back with the following information:
◦ Photographer’s Name, email or physical address, phone number.
◦ Title or brief description.
◦ Arrow indicating top of photo.
• Entries shall be brought to the Yucaipa Woman’s Club between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. No entries will be accepted after 9:30 a.m.
• Entries must be picked up between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
• No entries will be retained after the club closes that day.
• Winners grant the YWC permission to show entry in the newspaper for club publicity purposes.
• Participants retain all rights to their photos
• Both color and black and white
• Living things
• Still life
• Something fun
An independent judge has been selected to review all entries.
One (1) Photo - $6
Three (3) Photos - $15
Cash prizes of $25 will be awarded for First Place in each Category.
Ribbons will be awarded in Second and Third Place in each Category.
Judging is from 9:30 -10 a.m. The public can view the entries from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The club is located at 35215 Avenue A in Yucaipa. Please call Nikki with questions at 951-529-4324.